Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quick Update on Wheatens

Hi, Everyone,

First off, I want to thank everyone for their patience. I can't believe it's been a week since i wrote!

The puppies are doing great. I snapped a few pictures tonight. They aren't very good, but you just had to see how cute!

I changed their 'housing' from the whelping box to a large wire dog crate. This way then can start venturing out of the sleeping area to eat and potty. (whew!) They are starting to eat/play with moistened puppy food - but mom really likes it, too, so i have to close her out for a little while so they have a chance.

I'm already seeing little personality traits emerging. The light pink girl likes to sit back and take everything in. The blue boy is always the one that has ventured out of the crate (this morning he got in mom's food dish and couldn't get out - his belly got 'high-centered' - too cute!) The black boy has enjoyed dinner from day one. And he learned that he can sleep sooo good on his back. If there's ever a puppy sleeping on it's back, it will be him.

AS far as deposits, this is what i have so far (and there may be others - i've got to check the PO Box). Brian did decide to go with a female, and he will have first pick of the girls. Kelly will have second pick of the girls. Sara has moved up to first pick of the males. ;-)

I've never posted pics, so here goes:







I'll have better ones soon. I just wanted to give you a little something to hang onto ;-D

Karen

PS I haven't checked my e-mail yet, in case you're wondering why i may not have answered a particular question. Tiffany, I did get yours. If there's anything I can help with, let me know.

1 comment:

Sara Webb said...

Too cute. They certainly are growing fast. We appreciate the photos and updates. We've been looking at the little guy with the greenish brown ribbon. At least that's the color it looks like on our computer. Maybe we're way off. I'll check out the pics on shutterfly and let you know which one we're talking about, because there's a great pic of him in there. Thanks again and good luck next week.